Sunday 16 August 2009

The things we do for …. A quiet life!

Yesterday we spent the whole day at a set dancing workshop at the Feakle Festival – something that Linda was keen to try. We joined with about 20 other beginners – including a blind couple from Connecticut - in the back room of Bohan’s pub as Dierdre tried to teach us a Clare Set dance called the Caledonian.
As many of you may recall, my dancing skills are on a par with my child-minding talents and the day proved challenging in many ways – fortunately the bar was open and after a couple of pints of the black stuff I found that things seemed to go much more smoothly.
I had always assumed that my severely impaired dancing ability was a result of having two left feet. However despite being encouraged by early attempts (post Guinness) which demonstrated that I could move left foot and right foot independently, it all came to grief when I discovered that at the crucial step I couldn’t remember which was which – same result really.
Still enthusiasm seemed to be sufficient and my blind partner from Connecticut thought I did very well. Unfortunately Linda pulled a calf muscle during the last set which has slowed her down a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment