Friday 19 March 2010

It’s a Different world!!

Friday evening sitting on the terrace of our room at the Ocean Coral at Puerto Morelos, on the fifth day of our first all-inclusive holiday anywhere – and it could be almost anywhere with a slight Latin American theme! Bars are open from 10.00am until 6.30am and there are at least 8 places to eat breakfast, lunch or dinner.
6.00am start each morning to put towels on the sun loungers and then a walk along the beach before breakfast. Then off to the beach for more sun, sand and non-stop bar service, before a break for lunch followed by more sun and sand. Then on to pub night in someone’s room followed by dinner, more drinking and either karaoke, dancing or just plain old carousing.
We have had a great time with Linda’s CC&CD, BMWD, CBC (Jim) and all his friends and families here. After 9 weeks of just the two of us, it has been great to have some different conversations and lots of partners to have a drink, or chat or play volleyball or go kayaking. However my liver is probably ready to revert to a more normal way of life.
Had a very lively St Patrick’s Day celebration which finished up with a beach disco, before which I managed to wade through the lobby fountains with a leprechaun on my shoulders!
Back to reality tomorrow when we pick up car and head for Valladolid and the Mayan ruins at Chichen Itza. Meanwhile our Canadian drinking buddies are on a 5.00pm flight home and are all back at work on Monday – tough for some!!! We still have two more weeks in Mexico.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Richard. I’m not sure how I stumbled upon this but I am glad I did. My name is Paul Browne and I did some work experience with you when you were back in Greenwich (around 1994 I think). You knew my girlfriend at the time, Rachel Acheson, who worked in Weller’s travel. I remember our evenings in the pub with Ernst very well. Odd that the first memories I recall of our acquaintance relate to booze.

    Anyway, your year in Co Clare and your recent trip to the more interesting of the Americas sound fantastic.

    Am very glad to know you are well, happy and still adventurous.

    Good luck

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul,
    good to hear from you. hope all is well
    Richard

    ReplyDelete