Wednesday 9 March 2011

Back in Blighty

Gales HSB, Whitebait, Steak & Kidney pudding, Shrove Tuesday pancakes - and that was just one meal!! After 8 weeks travelling in the East, there are certain things which are very welcome.

While Linda is in Scotland where it snowed on March 9th, I am in Port Solent - sunshine and 12C - helping my folks look for a new home as the town house is no longer a viable option. After a couple of 'read my lips' conversations with estate agents we managed to view about 8 properties in two days only to agree that the first one we saw was the ideal place.

Now we are faced with the challenge of English house purchase and conveyancing practices - I hate to admit that the Scottish system is better - but it is! Luckily I remember how to play the game so hope to work it to our advantage particularly since the agents seem less than the smartest people I have come across!

Just realised that this time last year we were arriving for our all-inclusive holiday in Cancun with Linda's BMW driving, CC&Coke drinking banker cousin and family and friends. Don't even need to look at the photos to remember what a good time we had - but I am still looking forward to getting back to Moyhill on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment