Wednesday 25 January 2012

A Unique experience?

In my travels I have come across more than a few girly bars – you know the sort of thing scantily clad young ladies trying to encourage sad old buggars to spend their last penny on the demon drink – and perhaps other services. I may even have frequented one or two in my time, all in the line of business of course.

However Santiago is the only place in the world where I have seen girly coffee bars – perhaps that would be a USP for a rival to Starbucks or Costa in the City of London or downtown Toronto?

Seriously though, the main stream cafés – drink your coffee standing up, mostly male clientele etc – have young ladies in very tight short lycra dresses who deliver the coffee from the barista to the customer and seem to do little else but chat up the customers and show off the outline of their thongs – is this becoming an obsession???

The harder core coffee bars have blacked out windows, low lighting levels and ladies serving the tables in what appeared (from a distance of course) to be little more than their underwear.

The coffee of course is excellent!

2 comments:

  1. I think I might have to start drinking coffee. Who knows maybe this will come to Toronto

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jim,
      I'll write the business plan if you know a friendly banker who would advance the money!

      Delete