Tuesday 13 February 2018

Yoga, Breakfast, Massage, Lunch, Yoga, Dinner, Bed

By the time you add in a philosophy class or two, some guided meditation, a few meals and a little down time by the pool, there has not been much time for anything else.
As we start our last day, this has been an amazing place to stay – the yoga classes have been challenging but enjoyable and we have had three different teachers, each with his own style. The food – almost all with produce from their own gardens – has been tasty and varied and filling, and while the accommodation is basic, it is comfortable and everything works.
Having a daily ayurvedic head and full body massage has probably helped to avoid any stiffness or aches from the exercise – although I am not sure where I will find something similar in Newhaven – think Rebus had a fairly negative view about ‘massage parlours’ in Edinburgh
It is very relaxing to be in a place where you do not have to think about what you are going to do tomorrow because the routine is mapped out for you and the only decision is whether to participate or not.
Jury’s still out on the guided meditation – if I am going to lay on my back and nod off for an hour or so, I would probably be more comfortable on a sun lounger. In the same way, I have not missed the cold beer etc while we are here but I am not about to sign the pledge – just in case Jimmy C is getting concerned.
Our next destination – a retreat near Munnar up in the hills among the tea and spice plantations – is also vegetarian and alcohol-free and while there are still yoga classes, the focus will be more on the environment. But that is for tomorrow – just off for my next massage!

P.S. There are some photos to accompany this but life is too short to wait for them to upload so they will follow once we find some better internet access.

2 comments:

  1. In response to this post, I received the following from my good friend Jimmy C and thought I should share it with all of you:-
    At first blush, not very much in common with our holiday, but closer inspection reveals that there some things we have in common. For example, as I lay on the daybed by the jacuzzi overlooking the sea with Chang beer in hand, I am admittedly not alcohol free. However, I do adopt certain positions e.g. lay on left side, lay on right side, then face down followed by face up. These, I have just realised, do align my mind, body and breath until eventually - after a few more Changs - I reach a state of nirvana.

    The hotel chef is Paris trained, so admittedly steak et frites with green beans is not entirely vegetarian, but I do achieve two out of three. And admittedly several carafes of red wine do not qualify as entirely alcohol free but by golly they do help the philosophy and meditation. I’ve already come up with an achievable Brexit, (tell the EU to sod off, declare the UK as an offshore tax haven except for punishing tariffs on German cars, French wines, and Italian meats), and am close to setting out a plan to sort out North Korea, (put Slim Pickens on a nuke and bomb the bastards). I would suggest that without alcohol I may have struggled to have come up with such elegant and intelligent solutions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like far too much work whrn you have to pay for it. LOL

    ReplyDelete