Wednesday 10 April 2019

That was easy!

Probably one of the easiest long haul journeys I can remember - maybe because my memory is limited now - but everything went according to plan. The flights were on time, the connections went smoothly and I even watched a couple of movies.

I enjoyed Christian Bale's performance as Dick Cheney in 'Vice' - having met a few of Cheney's classmates in my time it was interesting to watch the story unfold. I also watched  'Green Book' and while it helped pass a couple of hours I'm not sure why it won the Best Picture Oscar.

It is still hard to get used to arriving in the Shopping Mall that used to be Heathrow Airport - although I have now figured out that the boarding gates are always at the far end of the Mall. I guess there are lots of people who cannot survive without that constant retail buzz but I still cannot understand who on earth would be buying suitcases and other luggage items in the departures hall of an airport.

London was cool, damp and very misty when we arrived - a complete contrast to Edinburgh where the sun shone and the sky was a crystal blue. To cap it all, our baggage arrived promptly, the taxi driver was waiting at the pick up point and we were home less than hour after landing which must be close to a record.

It's good to be home - as Linda said, it hardly feels like we have been away. Our neighbours had very kindly stocked the fridge for us with all the essentials - pity we didn't ask them to help with the unpacking.

I'm back to the airport tomorrow morning on my way to visit my mother for a couple of days - hope that journey goes as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment