Friday 3 February 2017

Trouble in Thailand

Have just learned that one of the most important days in the Buddhist calendar - Makha Bucha - falls on this Saturday and as a result they have announced that Monday will be a official holiday. This means that there will be no alcohol sold on either day throughout the country.

Knowing that my good friend Jimmy C is currently in Bangkok, I will be scanning the news headlines for reports of the arrest of a tall, distinguished Farang for being sober and disorderly.

If you are reading this Jimmy, then I hope you have already laid in a case or three of wine and a few beers to tide you over the weekend.
  

2 comments:

  1. I need to meet this Jimmy C. I think we may have something in common here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim, not sure that would be a great idea - I may have overstated some of Jimmy C's more personable traits. I certainly wouldn't want to pick up the bar bill after you two got together.

    ReplyDelete