Saturday 9 March 2019

It seemed like a good idea in September

So the time has arrived - the eve of the race.

I've done a bit of cycling over the last month or so, carbo loaded with a very mediocre Lasagne at the V&A waterfront, hydrated with a glass or two of Bosuns Pale Ale, and a drinkable Spier Chenin Blanc along with Grilled Calamari and Tuna Tacos at La Parada on Bree, and my healthy breakfast is waiting in the fridge.

All I have to do now is make it to the start, cycle the 109km course and get to the beer tent in the race village in good time.

Unfortunately, while the temperature looks comfortable, the South Easterly wind is forecast to blow at 28km/hr at my start time and to be above 40km by the finish so the challenge may be staying upright in the wind.

Anyway I'm sure it will be an interesting experience, I may make a friend or two along the way and there may even be a few stories - watch this space and thanks for all the messages of support.

1 comment: