Thursday 18 June 2009

Fishing

Chris arrived from London last week after promises of trout and sea-fishing. On day one we headed for Rosroe lake by Rathlahine castle, hired boat, fly rod and spinning rod and headed out on the water. It was a dry overcast day and we were the only ones on the water. Lovely day out but not a sign of a fish all day – had to text Linda to open the two tins of tuna which had been bought as a standby!
Our seafishing trip with John from Cleggan was much more successful. Drove up through Connemara – clear skies, sunshine and wonderful views - with a stop for dinner at O’Dowds in Roundstone – local oysters, mussels, salmon and pan fried cod washed down with Guinness. Early start the next morning for the full Irish breakfast from my cousin Sue – I do love the white pudding! - and onto the boat at Cleggan with 7 others. Another great day – clear skies, hardly a breeze and bright sunshine all day.
Managed to catch a good number of Pollack and some Ling and headed home in the evening with about 4 kilos of fillets. Tinned tuna once a week is enough!

5 comments:

  1. O'Dowds rocks and the pollack was the sweetest fish I ever tasted....a big "thanks" for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks For sharing this Superb article.I use this Article to show my assignment in college.it is useful For me Great Work. angelset

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was wondering if I could use this write-up on my other website, I will link it back to your website though.Great Thanks. 먹튀폴리스

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. Dofollow Backlinks

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been exploring for a bit for any high quality articles or blog posts in this kind of space . Exploring in Yahoo I ultimately stumbled upon this web site. Studying this information So i am glad to show that I have a very excellent uncanny feeling I discovered just what I needed. I such a lot unquestionably will make sure to do not disregard this website and give it a look regularly. vape attic olathe

    ReplyDelete