Monday 23 January 2017

Still in Jozi but still no Uber

Being woken early by the Glossy Ibis on Sunday morning meant that I was ready for Sue's message at 6.30 to ask if we wanted to go to a yoga class with her - I may have overstated my interest in the class after the second bucket of wine the night before.
Decided that it would be the ideal opportunity for Sue and Linda to have some time together so I woke Linda, gave her the phone and suggested that she could reply for us both.
As they headed off to their 9.00 class I settled down on my own to a 'designer breakfast' prepared by our host - not sure that the overcooked scrambled egg, crispy bacon and cheese stuffed sausage was worthy of the description but at least the coffee was good.
With a couple of hours to relax, I made the mistake of trying to resolve the Uber issue again. While my credit card survived unscathed I discovered that I am now a 'banned rider' so I guess the feeling is mutual.The good news is that the nearest Uber driver to Moyhill is nearly 3 hours away in Dublin so I can happily tell them to feck off!
By the time the girls returned we were ready for some gentle sightseeing at Constitution Hill followed by a late lunch in Rosebank and an excellent Chenin Blanc from Babylonstoren.
A very pleasant afternoon rounded off with a light supper and a drop of Delheim Chardonnay sur Lie brought an almost perfect weekend to an end and not a thought to having to pack up in the morning and find a way to the airport without an Uber account.

1 comment: