Thursday 19 January 2017

Today We'll Fly Away

As we sit with the last glass of the Tio Pepe waiting for our taxi to Shannon, I was wondering about an appropriate flying song - think we have had John Denver and/or Joni Mitchell a few times over the years and Merle Haggard's song was ok last year but not one to repeat - given the sentiment in the lyrics.

I didn't realise that there were so many songs to choose from - even in my limited music library - but as I sat pondering this and other weighty issues what should pop up on the radio but Randy Crawford singing  'Some day I'll fly away'

Seems appropriate!

and of course - just for Jim - a photo of our baggage - expanded a little this year to accommodate the spotting scope, tripod and a couple of yoga mats!


3 comments:

  1. Amazing. Not sure how you do this. I will have more when I come in May for a week.LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a fantastic trip, look forward to reading all about it. Neil and Ali X

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete