Thursday 21 February 2019

More Drinking Issues

I find it hard to sympathise with Jimmy C who complains regularly about the cost of wine in Thailand since he's the one who has chosen to go there on a regular basis for the last few years.

However we are all a little concerned that Linda's mum is going to miss out on her weekly glass of  sherry now that her good friend Nettie - a 94 year-old Croft Original drinker - has decided to swear off the bottle because she is worried that she may break a bone or two if she is unsteady on her pins.

With Sandra in Gran Canaria, Linda and I here in SA and cousin Jim snowbound in Mississauga, who will Isobel have as a drinking partner now? She could join my mother on her regular visits to the Red Lion in Portchester but it is a long way from Airdrie.

2 comments:

  1. My poor wee Aunty. I must call her and we can have a drink together then. They say that drinking alone is not much fun however I managed quite well on my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too - although Isobel may murder me when she sees this post.

    ReplyDelete